Sunday, March 1, 2009

Minsky's


My friend, Joan, and I went to see the world premiere engagement of "Minsky's" at the Ahmanson Theater at the Music Center in Los Angeles last night.  Created by some of the same team that did "The Drowsy Chaperone" and "Curtains," it couldn't have been a more entertaining version of burlesque.  There were pies in the face, dancing psychiatrists, raunchy jokes and outrageous costumes; plus a faux homage to Josephine Baker and her infamous bananas.  The exciting and excellent tap dance, alone, would have been worth the trip to see the show.  There are many reasons why Minsky's might have been raided and you will see them all...and I do mean all!  



It was an all Minsky weekend! After seeing  the new musical comedy at the Ahmanson  last night I happened on this 1968 movie, "The Night They Raided Minsky's," today on the television.  I took this photograph from the television screen of Britt Eklund about to instigate the famous raid.  

No comments: