Monday, January 12, 2009

Golden Globe Awards




For the first time in history an actress has won the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's award for both the Best Actress and also the Best Supporting Actress.  Last night, at the Grand Ballroom of the Beverly Hilton, Kate Winslet accepted her two Golden Globe Awards.  The much nominated actress won the Best Actress award for her part as a wife pretending she was living the life she wanted in "Revolutionary Road."  The Best Supporting Actress award was for depicting a taboo subject in "The Reader."  (Caution do not link to information about "The Reader" if you do not want the movie spoiled).  

3 comments:

Mary-Laure said...

I was very happy for Kate Winslet, who is a phenomenal actress.
I was also THRILLED for Colin Farrell, as the movie he won for, "In Bruges" is one of my all-time favorites.

Spangler Cummings said...

It feels special to know we were there during the world premiere. I passed up the screening of IN BRUGES and am I sorry. Now I can't find it showing anywhere. Did you see it at Cannes?

BJM said...

What did you think of The Reader? It was my least favorite of all this season's movies. My favorites, in order, were: Frost/Nixon, Milk, Doubt, Slumdog Millionaire, and Gran Torino. (Rachel Getting Married wasn't a favorite, but I liked it better than The Reader--which I didn't find insightful, enlightening, or original.)