Sunday, November 22, 2009

54th Wedding Celebration


Could there be a better way to celebrate 54 years of marriage than with the one I love than at the Walt Disney Concert Hall? It was our first time to hear the Los Angeles Philharmonic's exciting new conductor, Gustavo Dudamel. At only 28 years of age, he led the orchestra in Mozart's Symphonies # 38 in D ,"Prague," and #41 in C major, "Jupiter." He, and guest violinist, Gil Shaman, were almost entwined as they performed a work by Berg. The music critic for the L.A. Times cautioned the 12-tone concerto, written in "memory to an angel," almost excessively beautiful.

When performing, myself, at a now-torn-down orphanage near the same site on Bunker Hill years ago did I ever think that I would experience such beauty as Gehry's architectural masterpiece...never? And, nearly 70 years ago, having French-dipped sandwiches at Phillippe's, near the Union Station, could I think it would still be possible, now...never? What a memorable day!

3 comments:

Laura in Paris said...

HAPPY 54TH ANNIAVERSARY!
Love, Laura

Mary-Laure said...

What a thrill! Your beau sure knows how to spoil you. Sounds like you had an amazing anniversary.
Sending both of you lotsa love.......

Rita said...

I just spotted you at Laura's in Paris. Love you pictures. Great to find a blogger almost my age.
Rita