Thursday, August 27, 2009

French Toast at Fig

The Los Angeles Times food critic calls the Fig Restaurant, inside of Fairmont Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica,..."pitch perfect...," another review calls it..." a raging success..."

I couldn't have agreed more, when having breakfast with my dear cousin and very special French friend, who authors a food blog. Check it out at http://www.aworldinapan.blogspot.com/ . You will find out the translation of the menu's Pain Perdu and many more things.

All the activity of a swimming pool, along with imaginative farmer's-market fresh food, was so "Southern California"!


Just in case you were, as was I, wondering why the restaurant was called Fig? This magnificent Moreton Bay Fig tree greets all visitors to the hotel and restaurant.

Pain Perdu was prepared with brioche, croissant, cinnamon and berry coulis.

4 comments:

Laura in Paris said...

My mouth salivates when I see again the Pain Perdu you ordered! I put up my recipe in the last post.

Laura in Paris said...

I am back in Paris and all is well ... I have given you an award Spangler, so rush to my blog to know more!

Spangler Cummings said...

I can never thank you enough. Have visited the sites of the other award winners and am honored. Am enriched anew. Miss you already.

Laura in Paris said...

So now: to work! tell us more about yourself and pass this award to seven bloggers!