Sunday, February 1, 2009

Los Angeles Art Show

My friend Chris and I would have had to travel all over the world to see the dazzling array of art we saw this weekend at the Los Angeles Art Show.  We were "oohing" and "aahing" at the beauty of from more than 135 prominent galleries.   We art lovers were the beneficiary of this confusing weekend as they claimed a new location and, yet, there was another show in town with a similar name, Art LA.  Such a thrill to see all of this before it is purchased by collectors or museums.  

Another Southern California artist, Ron Davis, took our eye with his "Bridge Through Frame."  More and more I am noticing a painterly quality appearing in his originally optical and geometric art.   My guess is that this artist could  hold a brush in his hand only so long before the freedom of the automatic gestures emerged.   

1 comment:

Mary-Laure said...

Too bad I didn't have time to go....

I mentioned you on my blog today, check it out.